Monday, February 19, 2007

The CNY journey

CNY day one is always the day to rush. First to aunt's house. Next to uncle's house. Lastly to godma's house. Arranged to meet cousin fenni at aunt's house. We both arrived at about the same time. Stayed for less than 15 mins and we're off to uncle's house. Coz we can sense that aunt's still not in good mood. She's still upset about her son my cousin who passed away in an accident last year.

And yes, her ang pao shrink 30 bucks. No choice. We feel ke lian for her and my cousin's wife too. She got 3 young kids to bring up. How can she survive? How is she able to feed herself and her kids? Haiz. My poor family, all my cousins left us one by one. First it was uncle's son who passed away coz of cancer. Now aunt's son also. When can our family have a bit of luck and fortune happenings?

Stayed quite long at uncle's house due to the pouring rain. The whole house was so crowded and warm. My jie jie and all her 4 sons came. Think her eldest son got gf already. Stress. He's the same age as me but as his aunt I'm still single. Luckily they didn't ask me this question. Chatted with fenni for the whole noon. Coz we just don't know how to mix in with the others.

Collected quite an lot of ang paos there. Seems they know I'm working. Ang pao jitao shrink like mad. Nvm man. It's the thought that counts. Parted with fenni and went off to godma's house soon after. Stayed for dinner and chatted with my twins cousins for a long time. Bought a 3/4 pants and a puma jacket from cousin jiayi for 30 plus bucks. Got 2 pairs of shoes back too.

Counted all my ang paos total amount. A total of 250 bucks plus what my parents gave me. The most least amount I've collected ever. Normally it's 300 to 400 bucks. When you're getting older and started working, the ang pao automatically shrinks it's amount. Paid for the cab fee also. I'm so broke now.

Home and it's time to rest. All the family we have to go had already chiong over. Finally can slack at home for another two days before I start work. Sister said he'll come over with his gf for visiting later. Not sure if he will ps me. Chatted with darren awhile and told him about all the things that happened around me recently.

Thanks for holding your hp in hand and let me have a 24/7 company again. You know I won't call to wake you up. But I feel the warmth given by you again. It's always you who treated and understand me the best. I'm so blessed to know such a wonderful buddy like you. Thanks for everything. I'm ashamed of myself for being such a lousy friend though. I'll be a better friend for you. Just for you. Promise. Friends forever.